Virus song

Day 26: write a parody - mimic the form of an existing poem while changing the content. Just find a poem – or a song – that has always annoyed you, and write an altered, silly version of it. 

The song which is increasingly annoying me is unfortunately "Happy Birthday" which Boris (Johnson) told us to sing twice to ensure we were washing our hands for long enough to kill the virus.  It's about time it had some new words. 


Wash your hands carefully
Kill the virus with glee 
Use soap and warm water
To get both hands clean.

Don't forget thumbs and backs
Massage into the cracks
Between all your fingers
Then rinse with the tap. 

 © Copyright 2021. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved 

Comments

  1. I like this a lot
    (I keep MY water Hot)
    I'll sing while I'm washing,
    giving YOUR song the slot!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Do you have a preference?