Changes

There have been so many changes while I've been doing my sponsored month of walks, both in the countryside I'm walking through and in myself. 


This month of daily walks and creaking knees
Has witnessed the slow greening of the trees,
Birdsong has increased from the odd little natter
To full blown arias, nonstop chatter. 

Where once the hills made fire in my chest
And I needed to stop and stand for a rest -
Several times - now I power on to the top
Before my body cries out for me to stop. 

These changes can be seen in photos shared each day
In the poems that have emerged along the way,
But although I may boast my achievements the loudest
Changes my sponsors will bring make me the proudest. 

© Copyright 2021. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Do you have a preference?