Love is

I've always loved Adrian Henri's poem 'Love is...', ever since my first husband wrote it out to me in a letter he sent from university,  when I was still at school doing my A levels.  That last verse is enough to melt the hardest heart!   Our poetry group is sharing love poems next month,  so I've challenged them all to come up with "an extra verse"!  Here's what came to me. 


Love is special, love is kind
Love is all the treats you find
Love is always on my mind
Love is...

Love is cuddles in the morning
Love is awake and love is yawning
Love is special at dusk and dawning
Love is...

Love is inside all the cards we sent
Love is left behind in places we went
Love is what our lives have meant
Love is...

Love is clothes dropped on the floor
Love is not minding when you snore
Love is left always wanting more
Love is...

Love is you and love is me
Love is a still pond and a raging sea
Love is all the days that are left to be
Love is. 

© Copyright 2021. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Do you have a preference?