The power of positive thinking

Another one about me today, this time prompted by catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror this morning 'before I had my mirror face ready'.


The woman in the mirror squinted, and frowned,
Said her face was too old, her arms too fat, 
So I told her to stick out her tongue at the miserable old crone,
And she laughed her lines away.
I painted her toenails a purply-pink,
Dressed her in shorts and a leopard print top 
Pulled her outside to soak up the sun,
Get some free vitamin D to lift her mood.
I took her swimming in a mosaic pool
Where she lost count of the lengths,
Absorbed in the strength in her arms,
As she stroked her blues away.
Next, I sent her packing with a picnic, 
To reflect, by a lake, on that silly old fool,
Who appeared in the mirror that morning.
Wielding her pen like a sword,
She cut through the last of her doubts:
Sure, she was old, and could lose a few pounds,
But her body was strong, her mind still alert,
And with luck, she'd get even older.

© Copyright 2024. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions

A Life Lived Well

Kindness