Christmas 2024

Yes! I know I'm 6 months early but I saw a competition to write a poem about Christmas,  and this popped into my head.  It's far too simple to win any competitions so it doesn't matter if I publish it on here. 


I'm buying my presents early,
I'll be putting them all in the post,
For I won't be around this Christmas,
To join my loved ones in a toast. 

Instead I'll be packing my suitcase,
I'm off to the south for a cruise,
I'm swapping the snow for suncream,
I'll be beating the cold weather blues. 

Once on board there'll be plenty of parties,
I'll be dancing and staying up late,
Then each day the Canaries will call me
To enjoy their warm beaches.  Can't wait! 

© Copyright 2024. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Directions

A Life Lived Well

Kindness