Wish you were here

Day 7: 'write a poem titled “Wish You Were Here” that takes its inspiration from the idea of a postcard. Consistent with the abbreviated format of a postcard, your poem should be short, and should play with the idea of travel, distance, or sightseeing.'

I'm not sure why,  but during Napowrimo this year my thoughts are landing mostly with my family,  both present and absent.  I'm not complaining;  it's a rich seam to pick. 


Dear Mum
Now I'm almost your age
I wish you were here
To see the view from where I'm sitting. 
I've finally found my place,
Grown into who I am, and like it!
I'd love to share it all with you. 
     Rest in Peace. 


© Copyright 2024. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India