One Hundred Years from now.

Day 24: 'write a poem that begins with a line from another poem, but then goes elsewhere with it. This will work best if you just start with a line of poetry you remember, but without looking up the whole original poem. Or you could find a poem that you haven’t read before and then use a line that interests you. The idea is for the original to furnish the backdrop for your work, but without influencing you so much that you feel as if you are just rewriting the original!'

I didn't have time to give this the attention it deserves,  but here's what I came up with.  The title is taken from the translation of Rabindranath Tagore's One Hundred Years Hence. Whilst he was certain the unknown poet in the future would read his lines,  I've taken a more realistic view! Not one of my best,  but I was in a rush to go out. 


A hundred years from now

No-one will know, or care
What size of jeans I wear. 
My daily angst over what to eat
That I should care more for my feet,
Whether I'm too lazy to get fit
No one will care about any of it. 
Even these words scrawled on the page
Probably won't survive into that age. 
I should lighten up, not despair, 
No-one's perfect,  no-one will care. 


© Copyright 2024. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Lady Godiva Reveals All