Desperately seeking sunshine

It seems like it's been raining every day so far this year.  I'm desperate to get out in the garden to sow the seeds for this year's veggies,  but haven't managed it so far. 



I need to get out in the garden and weed,
Turn over the soil, and sow this year's seed,
But the earth is too muddy, it sticks in a clot,
It needs to dry out,  I'm afraid they'll all rot. 

A few days of bright sunshine is all that I need
So the beds can turn crumbly, to cradle the seed,
Each time the sun shines I go out to the beds
But the sky greys right over, drops fall on my head.

It's getting frustrating, I've done all the prep, 
But need a spell of dry weather before the next step,
My potatoes have chitted, my onions have set,
But I can't get them planted,  it's too flipping wet. 

© Copyright 2024. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Do you have a preference?