The Glow Road

Sometimes a diversion can lead you to experience an alternative route in a new way.  This morning I drove along a route I'd driven before, but perhaps because I wasn't expecting to go that way today,  I saw it in a different way.  


Diverted from my usual route
to the road through Woodmancote -
where once we thought to buy 
the last house before the hill -
I wind my way steeply
through woods bright-lit with copper beech, 
each dressed in burnt orange skirts,
popping against trees now filigree-bare.
Drawn by the beauty of novelty
the Old London Road calls me
down its narrow burnished path,
to emerge from the glowing road
away from Wotton's busy heart.


© Copyright 2023. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India