More haste, Less serenity

Day 18: 'write an abecedarian poem – a poem in which the word choice follows the words/order of the alphabet. You could write a very strict abecedarian poem, in which there are twenty-six words in alphabetical order, or you could write one in which each line begins with a word that follows the order of the alphabet.'

It's an interesting exercise but can become a bit forced.  It helps to have an idea of where you want to go with it, rather than let it lead you into a corner.  Mind you, ending with XYZ words is a bit of a difficult stretch whatever you're writing about.


Above in the clear and piercing 
Blue, two buzzards
Circle slowly upwards, before
Descending leisurely,  
Exploring the fields below
Foraging for prey, alive or dead. 
Gliding with style, first
High, then low, unhurried,  
I wonder how good it feels
Just riding the breeze.

Kicking off my slippers
Locating my boots under the stairs -
My coat thrown on over
Nearly buttoned cardigan -
Opening the door to the 
Porch with a hasty jerk, in a headlong 
Quintessential
Rush, I'm outside.

Somehow my desire
To see these glorious birds
Unobstructed by the window's glass, my
Voracious need to share their calm, my
Wish for connection, has led to this frenetic 
Exit. In place of synergy,  I discover
Yin and yang duality.  How very
Zen.

 © Copyright 2023. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India