Ghost

I often curse my memory - I'm so aware of its deficiencies. But sometimes that frustration leads to an unexpected outcome - not the original one intended,  but something different.  Today I've written a poem about a catalyst that was forgotten in a moment of distraction.  I still hope to remember what it was though! 



The ghost of an idea from two days ago
Still tickles at my ear. A half formed thought
Prodded into being from a resonant phrase
Captured by someone in a poem?
Article? Interview? If only I could remember,
Could go back, relive that forgotten catalyst, 
Rekindle the thought that meant so much in the moment
I thought it would blossom into a poem,
And now is lost forever. 

© Copyright 2022. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India