Which hat will I wear today?

We all know the feeling of being torn between the various roles and activities we need to adopt each day. My indecision about what I'll do today is reflected in this poem considering what sort of headgear I'll be 'wearing'.  


My mother hat, well worn yesterday, 
Lies cast aside but niggles at me constantly. 

My housework hat calls out to me cheerily, 
Lately it's got used to being worn,  and likes it. 

My exercise hat is growing dusty in the cupboard
It can stay there doing stretches until I get my mojo back. 

My yoga hat sits patiently in the lotus position,  knowing
Once a week is not as good as daily,  but better than not at all. 

I search out my gardening hat, hidden in the shed far too long, 
It needs to spend some time with me in the greenhouse today. 

My well worn poetry hat,  glows warmly on my head;
Soon it will be taken off,  and kept close in my pocket. 


© Copyright 2021. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India