Zooming

 Day 27: for some reason the NaPoWriMo site wasn't updated today - hopefully everything is OK with the organiser.  Anyway,  it gives me free rein to come up with something of my own. I've just come off a book group meeting on zoom - I'm still undecided whether it's a boon or a bane.


Whether they lift up your spirits, or cause you great strain, 
There's no escape from zoom meetings when they come round again.
Whilst we can't meet up in person they're part of our life, 
They're the best we can do while corona is rife.

Before it starts the room's tidied and cleaned
So the pile of dishes is not seen on screen,
The battery is charged so this time it'll last
For the whole 90 minutes which zoom past so fast.   

With my face on display I've taken good care
To wear something decent, and blow dried my hair.   
I've learnt having light on your face flatters you most
The first time I did it I looked like a ghost. 
 
It's lovely to see you while sharing our views,
But it's hard to pick up on those vital small clues
So it's inevitable that at least once during the call
We talk all at once or perhaps not at all. 

I'm really looking forward to the wonderful day
We can meet up in person, in the old fashioned way
We'll have said our goodbyes to the fear of outbreak,
And can share a pot of coffee,  and a big slice of cake! 


 © Copyright 2021. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved 






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Do you have a preference?