Invisible judge

Day 28: write a poem that poses a series of questions. You can choose to answer them – or just let the questions keep building up, creating a poem that asks the reader to come up with their own answer(s). 

Each day can feel like routine,  but in reality it's a series of choices.


Why can't I stay cosy in my bed? 
Can I justify reading another chapter? 
Must I get up and start the day?

Is it a Marmalade or Marmite kind of day? 
Milky or black? Large or small? 
Inside or on the deck? 

Why doesn't the gym get any easier? 
My stomach any flatter? 
(Could it be the marmalade? The milky coffee?)

Who is that woman stalking my reflection? 
Am I looking good for my age? Should I wear mascara? 
Who's looking anyway? 

Should I phone a friend, arrange a coffee? 
Why haven't they asked me? 
Are their lives full enough, without me? 

How long will the sunny weather last? 
Can I leave the housework for another day? 
Do I need sunscreen, or can I risk it for a tan? 

Why do I worry I'm making the wrong choices?
Who's the invisible judge looking over my shoulder? 
Is it even possible to do this life wrong? 


 © Copyright 2021. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved 











Comments

  1. Did I enjoy this? Can't you tell?
    Why wouldn't I?
    What can I do to show my gratitude?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Do you have a preference?