Therapy

 Day 11: write a two-part poem, in the form of an exchange of letters. The first stanza (or part) should be in the form of a letter that you write either to yourself or someone in the past. The second part should be the letter you receive in response.

This exchange was based on a visit to a therapist/counsellor around the turn of the millennium,  a time when lots of us were asking questions about where life was taking us. 


Dear Ms Therapy, 
Can you tell me if I'll ever be free
Of this feeling that nothing's ever enough?
I'm fed up with this stuff
Going round and round inside my head,
So I thought I'd ask an expert instead. 
I know I'm well off, life's far from crappy,
But it's been a long time since I felt truly happy. 
Is that superficial, selfish, greedy?
Am I just simply being too needy?

Dear Chris
I don't have the answer, but can tell you this:
You need to ask yourself a simple question, 
Balance the two halves of this vital equation:
Is your life too bad for you to stay?
Or too good to walk away?
Once you know the answer to that my friend
All your hesitation, indecision, will end. 
Honesty is the place to start
Then decide with your head, not just your heart. 


© Copyright 2021. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Do you have a preference?