Long words are cool

This morning's theme is 'pareidolia' - the ability to see shapes (often faces) in random patterns.  I've never written a poem about this,  so I thought I'd have some fun with this and other hard to rhyme long words.


I've long had benign pareidolia 
Seeing faces on doors, floors and chairs
It's not helped at all by myopia
As I see what I think might be there. 

As a child it became an obsession
I'd sit on the loo for long whiles
It would actually make quite an impression
While I found faces in all the floor tiles. 

Nowadays I'm relaxed about the phenomenon
The faces have become cherished friends
In my world, their appearance goes on and on,
I'll be happy if this gift never ends. 

© Copyright 2021. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Do you have a preference?