Floating

I'm always fascinated at the reality created in a dream, and how it can take several moments to shake it off when you wake.  Sometimes you wish you could linger, but this morning I was relieved to be free of the tasks I had been set in the dreamworld.  


Midway between dream and reality
I wake, fretting about tasks I've not completed
For people I do not know in the waking realm. 
Uncomprehending, still tethered to the depths,
I float slowly upwards to the soft morning light 
And the smell of good morning coffee at my bedside. 
Kicking away the thoughts that bind me 
I take my grateful leave from pretend cares
Rejoining the reality of the everyday. 


© Copyright 2020. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India