Cheese

Today's prompt was 'cheese' and i was astonished to realise, that for something that is such a big part of my diet,  I've never written a poem about it! 



I could be vegan were it not for cheese
I've tried it and enjoyed it, felt better for it
But sooner or later I'm brought to my knees. 

The non dairy alternatives promise to please
But I'm unwilling to suffer, they're too close to rubber, 
When creamy cheddar, brie, Stilton exert such a tease. 

I told myself it's unhealthy, too many calories, 
And a vain attempt to fix, saw me "vegan before six"
But the good stuff crept in by degrees. 

So I'm doomed to suffer with clogged arteries
My stomach rules my head, no more to be said
I'm a die hard vegetarian, with dependencies. 


© Copyright 2020. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India