Hairbrush

Hairbrush

My hairbrush yeilds a nest of coarse grey hair
Not sun bleached highlights, 
Not swimming pool stressed,
But unmistakable old woman's grey.

My shower drain yields clumps of coarse grey hair
Not a few stragglers washed loose 
Not a mixture of yours and mine
But unmistakable lengths of old woman's grey. 

My hair has always been my crowning glory
Sometimes long, sometimes short
Sometimes auburn, a long time blonde
But mostly light brown, and always thick and shiny. 

I'm coming round slowly to this new me
This old lady looking back at me from the mirror
This inevitable morphing into my mum, my nan,
But oh, how I long for just a few more years of youth. 


Copyright Chris Auger 2020. All rights reserved. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India