Today is the day

Today is the day

My Fitbit greeted me this morning with the words "Today's the day", as it has done so many times before.  Instead of eliciting the usual inward groan at  such a banal cliché, it spoke to my mood as I return to the gym for the first time since lockdown.  It really does feel like a new beginning -  almost a return to an old normality.

Today is the day I stop sleepwalking
Too afraid to open my eyes wider than a slit
In case I spot the danger lurking in the shadows.

Today is the day I take back my life
Stop numbing my body with comfort
Start back in the road to fitness.

Today is the day I stop hiding from myself
Hang up my loosely fitting clothes,
Embrace this surge of positivity.

Today is the day I take back my world
Build a new normality of my own choosing
Stop hiding in the shadows and break out to the sun.

© Copyright 2020. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Do you have a preference?