Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

Day 12: write a triolet.  I usually like the strict repetition and rhyme of these, but really wasn't in the mood this morning to compose anything.  Then I had some good news which prompted this.

Today's been a rollercoaster, I've been up and I've been down,
I've got tied up in knots, trying to do the right thing -
My dilemma made harder by the rules of lockdown.
Today's been a rollercoaster, I've been up and I've been down
I felt doomed to descend into madness or meltdown
When a phone call with good news made my heart sing!
Today's been a rollercoaster, I've been up and I've been down
But I'm no longer in knots, trying to do the right thing.




© Copyright 2020. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Lady Godiva Reveals All