Armchair review

 Armchair Review

Day 27: 'write a poem in the form of a review, but not a review of a book or a movie or a restaurant. Instead, I challenge you to write a poetic review of something that isn’t normally reviewed. For example, your mother-in-law, the moon, or the year 2020.'

I've had enough of coronavirus poems so here's my review of the armchair I sit in during the day; in fact I'm sitting in it as I write!  

I've come to know this able supporter well 
Solid, dependable, always there for me. 
Way past its prime, it nevertheless retains a welcoming air
Allowing, indeed encouraging me
To sit in its company for as long as I need, or longer.   
Some may judge its bamboo construction outmoded
Yet consider how trendily sustainable this material has become
Its use trumpeted for everything from socks to toilet paper;
I feel this chair has much more to give. 
This morning as I shift and fidget trying out this word and that,
Its valiant but now slightly yielding cushion remains firm
Despite being squashed under me for so many years.
In short, I'd like to commend it for its constant service
And believe it fully deserves this five star award. 


© Copyright 2020. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Lady Godiva Reveals All