Eyes

Eyes

Day 29: once again I'm going away from the NaPoWriMo prompt which is to write a paean to a pet.  Having already written a eulogy for each of my cats I'm taking inspiration instead from the daily prompt from the Isolation Gallery, a wonderful Facebook group where members share images and words on the theme of the day.  Today's theme is: eyes., and this just wrote itself!

Two things on which I heavily rely
My left, and to a lesser extent, right eye.

Sketching, cooking, writing, reading,
Painting, sewing, walking, weeding,
All compromised by their constant weeping,
Itching, soreness, incessant seeping.

Oh the comfort of a moist heat mask!
Ten minutes of peace which soon flash past
Then massage, wipes, and two eye drops
Fingers crossed the irritation stops.

Blepheratis is such a curse
But going blind would be so much worse.


© Copyright 2020. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Lady Godiva Reveals All