Bouquet

Bouquet

Day 11 challenge: write a poem based on the Victorian language of flowers.  For some reason I thought I'd do it in the form of a Victorian greeting card, which is harder than you'd think!


If I could, I'd send you flowers
To brighten up your day
To say hang in there, don't be sad,
My love in a big bouquet.

For hope in times of adversity
I'd choose chrysanthemum
And partner it with celandine
To promise you joys to come.

I'd send patience in ox eye daises
To persuade you this can't last
And to aid your perseverance
I'd add canary grass.

I'd gather Christmas roses
To chase your fears away
Sweet William, pinks, black poplar
To inspire you to be brave.

The bouquet would be a jumble
But I hope the message clear
The flowers will give you comfort
Since I cannot be near.


© Copyright 2020. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Lady Godiva Reveals All