Be more cat

Be more cat

Day 25: I didn't like this day's prompt so I went back to an earlier one I'd skipped - write a poem based on the translation of a foreign idiom. In French they say 'donner sa langue au chat" - literally 'give one's tongue to the cat' meaning 'give up'. This little piece of whimsy is the result.


I've given my tongue to the cat
Can she get you to see commonsense?
I've tried to suggest this and that
But I'm being ignored, and I'm tense.

Let's see what she has to say
Now it's no longer just meow and purr
She listened to me nag you all day
Will she argue with me or concur?

"You know Chris" she says with a smile,
"You always overthink everything,
Try to chill out once in a while
Be more cat, and more accepting."

She's probably right,  I do try
To fix others' problems, it's true,
I swallow my words with a sigh
I give up! Well, wouldn't you?



© Copyright 2020. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Lady Godiva Reveals All