Yellow dream, revisited

Yellow dream,  revisited

There's a competition in the Writing magazine for poetry about a colour.  I've been wanting to write about purple for a while, as it seems to be cropping up a lot in my life at the moment,  but I'm not there yet.  So instead I've been revising a poem I wrote a while ago about a dream of yellow clothes.  Here's the revised version, which is a lot tighter than the first draft.

I dreamt of a wardrobe, filled
With bright new clothes in diverse shades of yellow
Golds, lemons, mustards,
Ochres, saffrons,  umbers,
Richly patterned on luxurious cloth.
Delight was muted by anxiety -
Would they be too tight for comfort?

Waking, intrigued
I searched for what this dream could mean:
I should prepare for success,
New bursts of creativity
New wealth.
And yet, I worried they might not fit,
Anxious I'm not ready for this new phase.

It's time to be brave,
Break free of doubt,
Shake off the fear,
Express myself.


© Copyright 2020. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Do you have a preference?