Snow scene

Snow scene

I love it when it snows - its so unusual and therefore rather special.  But it has its downsides: I get older I worry more about slipping over, and I tend not to want to drive out of our narrow lane which doesn't get salted or ploughed.


Rain washes away the snow
Returning the fields to green
Freeing cars to a bare faced lane.

For three days I've admired the snow fall
The monochrome landscape
The crisp freshness in the air,
As I carefully trudge ankle deep
Placing each foot with ridiculous care,
A pole for extra support.

Now I'm free to return to the world,
To walk at a normal pace
To drive when and where I choose,
I find myself missing the harsh beauty of the snow.


© Copyright 2019. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Ruthless resolve