Music can reach hidden dimensions

Music can reach hidden emotions

This morning I was singing along to a song I know well when all of a sudden my voice wavered and my throat closed up in and I almost sobbed out loud! Ever happened to you? If it has, you'll recognise the emotion which takes you by surprise.

Singing along
To a favourite song
You've followed its rhymes
So many times
Know the lyrics so well
But you can never tell
When they'll clutch at your heart
Tear you apart
Bring a lump in your throat
Bring you up short
And you just can't carry on
Singing that song
Until you've taken a breath
Sorted out your head
Acknowledged the ache
That you never can shake
Buried so deep it was hidden
Access forbidden
Until the word or the chord
Left you totally floored.
Then you move on
Singing that song.



© Copyright 2018. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Lady Godiva Reveals All