Turning the soil

Turning the soil

I've challenged my local poetry group to write a Haibun on their local landscape.  I've recently been helping my husband create a growing area from a wild patch in our garden,  and those few square metres of soil has become my local landscape!

Over the length of many back-breaking, sun-baked days,  the wild patch (infested with nettles, brambles,  and convulvulus) is lifted,  turned, searched for roots,  stones and ancient buried treasures, enriched with leaf mould, and placed in planters ready for sowing. Each tract of soil an encapsulation of potential,  a promise for the future.

Dark, crumbly tilth sits
Waiting to bring forth new life
Holding itself ready.



© Copyright 2018. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Ruthless resolve