Winter sunlight

Good news

I had some exciting news this morning,  from a publication I'd submitted some poems to for consideration.  It seems they liked one of my poems enough to publish it in their 2019 calendar,  and I'm really made up about it!  Those of you who've known me for some time will know that I've previously had two poems published in the Earthpathways Diary (2015 & 2017). I'd heard that I hadn't been successful for the 2019 diary,  and had been consoling myself with the thought I could try again next year, so today's news is absolutely brilliant!  Here's the successful poem,  written in 2016.



Winter sunlight

Weak winter-slanted sunlight
On a frosty November morning
Picks out each striped field furrow
Every humped grass hussock
Throwing elongated shadows across the ground
So that giant trees, cows, birds
Inhabit an uneven monochrome landscape
Like an image by Dali.


© Copyright 2018. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Lady Godiva Reveals All