Prose poem: postcard

Prose Poem

Write a prose poem in the form of a postcard.  The poem should convey the picture on the front as well as the message on the back.  Since I'm spending the weekend with my daughter I thought I'd write a postcard home to describe my journey and say I've arrived safely.


Yesterday I travelled from the cold, wet, windy Cotswolds, driving through dark and dismal spray to Birmingham, the airport bursting with the bustle of everyone's excited expectations.  A blink of an eye above the clouds and I was welcomed with a wash of warmth and brilliant brightness, and the long, long, long, lingering, lovely, loving embrace of my darling daughter, so dear, and yet so far away.



© Copyright 2018. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India