Play

Play

The NaPoWriMo challenge is to write about an aspect of play - sports were suggested but I visited my grandkids yesterday so have lots of inspiration about a different kind of play!



I'm amazed at the 'busy-ness' of play
The constant chatter,  even in the absence of movement
Instructions to themselves or their play fellows
"This is the boat" a blue blanket becomes the sea
"This is  my car, your car is over there" (both invisible)
"You do this and then I do this"
So many instructions the game hardly ever gets played.
Like a rehearsal,  or careful ordering
Making sense of the real world
The children for once in charge.

I go along with it,
Because last week I was a mummy dinosaur
Stretching up high to reach lush leaves
Sitting on my eggs to keep them warm.
Today I get to be a pirate,
All "oh ho, me hearties!"
"Shiver me timbers" and walking the plank
Much more fun.


© Copyright 2018. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India