Caged bird

Message to my future self

My take on today's prompt is to imagine your future self and what message you'd give them.  I've been sitting in my conservatory far too much over the last few weeks,   frustrated at not being able to get outside to do any gardening because of all the rain,  so  I'm hoping my future isn't that far ahead!

Caged bird

These long grey days will be behind you
These days of cramped confinement
Looking out through runnelled panes
Looking for things to fill your time
Your body slowly sinking into apathy
Your aching, unused limbs.

Soon you will be outside in the sweet fresh air
Sunlight will warm your skin
Your body moving easily
Coming back to life with your garden
Toughening as you walk your landscape
Rejoicing as you chase your grandchildren in the park.

Until then,  savour this excuse to sit and think
To plan, create, and gather energy.



© Copyright 2018. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India