Love poem

Love poem

Today sees the start of Napowrimo, the poetry challenge to write a new poem every day for all the 30 days of April.  It's a little daunting,  but as long as i don't put too much pressure on myself (no-one else will be!) it should be fun!

The first prompt is to write a love poem,  to an object which should be hinted at but only revealed at the end. 

Love of my life
Please never leave me.
I love the daily ritual
Of waking in my morning bed
Reaching for your warmth, and comfort.
You keep easy pace with me throughout each day
Lifting my flagging spirits
Keeping me company when I rest
Waiting patiently when I'm out and about
Welcoming me home
Ignoring any indiscretions
When I seek satisfaction elsewhere. 
I love the very smell of you, 
Your taste on my tongue,
You make my heart beat faster.
Without you life would drag
My days would pass in a daze.
So please never leave me
I cannot live without you
Coffee. 


© Copyright 2018. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India