Lindt mini eggs

Lindt mini eggs

Turns out I may have misunderstood the instructions and the previous poem was an early bird prompt for yesterday. When I checked the site after waiting until this morning to load mine, lots of poems had already been loaded and a new prompt had appeared for today.

So today's prompt is to write about a secret shame or secret pleasure. 


I love this time of year
When, at last they appear in the shops
All bright and inviting in their red foil wrappers
Delicious, sweet, soft truffle eggs,
Small enough to be innocently slipped
Into the shopping trolley, 
Like an after thought, or a present
Intended for multiple grandkids. 

Some never make it home,
Their foil ripped off shamelessly in the car park
My teeth biting through the thin outer layer
To expose their soft heart. 

Those that make it home,  are quickly hidden
In places only I will think to go -
Like some mad Easter egg hunt
With me the only player,
To be consumed in secret,  when you're not around. 

There is a risk,  but very small
That you will come across one, 
As you search for a new tube of toothpaste, 
Refill the coffee jar,
Rummage through my sock drawer, 
Read this poem. 
But I think it unlikely, 
The last the least likely of all. 


© Copyright 2018. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India