Equinoctal balance

Equinoctial Balance

I wore this at a time when I was thinking about going part time,  to give myself a better work - life balance.  Although I'd only be gaining one free day a week this meant I'd have more time to get into creative projects.  It so happened that it coincided with the beginnings of spring,  and the coincidence inspiredthis poem.

I can identify with this time of year
Caught between two states: winter and spring
Not quite ready to give up the frosty chills
Not quite ready to wholeheartedly embrace the warmth of sunshine
And yet,  inexorably moving towards the promise of summer.

Although I am certain of how I need to change
And where I want to be in a few month's time
I'm not quite ready to throw off my old habits
Nor quite ready to turn over that new leaf
But I am poised on the cusp; accepting the journey that lies ahead.


© Copyright 2018. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Dont go to India

Lady Godiva Reveals All