Over the fence

Hi there! Yeah,  I'm fine,
All things considered.
I hear he's been caught at it again
Lying to the House. 
I hear what you're saying,  but
It's no good him keep saying sorry, 
It doesn't wash. 
I mean,  we all tell fibs now and again,
Only natural,  keeps us friendly,  
Keeps us sweet. 
But not about this, 
It's a betrayal of all he asked of us,
All that loneliness. 
I was lucky,  none of mine died, 
But my boy was hurting,  
Heart breaking along with his marriage. 
All I wanted to do was rush over
And give him a hug. 
But I couldn't,  wasnt in his bubble
Was I? That was his dad. 
So no,  I know I'm not without sin 
But he shouldn't work in a glass house
If he wants to go his own way
And lie to the rest of us. 

Mind you,  I've never trusted a politician, 
They never give a straight answer. 
This is just a bit more crooked than most. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India