Imbolc song

Imbolc is a wonderful time of year,  halfway between the winter solstice and the spring equinox. It's a time when the first spring flowers react to the lengthening and warming of the days and their beauty warms your heart after the starkness of winter.  


Morning birds singing of lengthening days
Wake me from my slumbrous rest
Drawing me out to tread the garden path
Past suddenly burgeoning beds
Full of pale primrose,  purple cyclamen,
The first frail shivering snowdrops, 
And the promise of daffodils, their green spikes 
Poking through their winter cloak
Of autumn leaves. 

© Copyright 2022. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. We're not there yet, here; still have a way to go, but your poem whets my appetite. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry the flowers are coming too soon, but hopefully we'll be without snow this year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India