Heading in the right direction

I've recently come across a new poetic form: the Triversen, which is composed of six three line stanzas,  each of which is a standalone sentence of between two and four beats. This is my first attempt.  


Two heads are better than one, so they say -
Zaphod Beeblebrox certainly thought so -
Although I have a feeling mine would bicker. 

In any case, I have no need of a second head
Being perfectly able to hold in my single brain
Two quite contrary opinions at the same time.

Perhaps this is because I'm a Piscean,
My thoughts swimming in opposite directions,
Encouraging ambiguity in place of certainty. 

This ability may have arisen in childhood,
Developing strategies for avoiding confrontation,
Keeping my head down, agreeing to keep the peace.

So when I agree with you, and your opponent,
Don't call me two-faced, or unopinionated,
If anything I have opinions to spare. 

I'm simply exercising my prerogative
To see more than one side of the argument,
Swimming with the ebbing neap tides.


© Copyright 2021. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India