Glimpse

A recent prompt was to capture a glimpse of something. It's a dreary, grey day today,  so I thought back to our summer holidays in France where I  can sunbathe and swim to my heart's content, while Phil pursues his own passion - fishing.  


Prone beside the rose bushes
At one with the almost too hot sun,
Trickles of sweat turning bronzing skin wet
I stir, and stand, before
Passing quickly over prickly dry grass,  
To the cool promise of the pool, hidden
Under the trees, giving a hint of a breeze.
Once in, I swim, first
Up and down, round and round,
Then float lazy and calm,
Listening to splashes hissing
On the baked paving, savouring this
Glimpse of bliss.  


Copyright Chris Auger 2020. All rights reserved. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India