Accident

Accident

At the weekend I had a wonderful day out with my son and grandson.  It was so much fun we didn't want it to end and the little one called me back to say goodbye one last time.  I was glad to do it even though it made me late, then as I was rushing home I got caught up in a tailback. 


Stuck on the motorway
Stationary
Thinking: there but for the grace
Of my grandson's sad face
Which made me delay
Before I got on my way,
I could now be at the front of this queue
With a much grimmer view
Or worse, be under the bridge
Caught up in the carnage.

Thankful, I count the ambulances,
Fire engines, police cars rushing past
And sit with grateful patience
Until I can move on, at last.


© Copyright 2020. Chris Auger. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave taking

Kindness

Dont go to India